Dark, gloomy but somewhat urgent situation. That was the first impression I had gotten from the picture. Time seems to be early morning and a salesperson whose face cannot be seen due to the shade of umbrella has a step to the sidewalk. Even though I cannot watch his physical appearance, he certainly does not look happy at all. The darkness and rain can make a lot of contribution to the depressing atmosphere of this picture as well.  At the first time, I thought the man was dropping his one of documents trying to pick it up. That is why I thought an urgent situation because he even does not have enough time to take his missing one. But after watching carefully he just ignores his surroundings. He looks straightforward. That is why I believe he is a monotonous and routine business man who does not have enough presence of mind to consider other things around him.

One of the curious things is that the more careful I watch this picture, the brighter the image it has. Sunlight between the two buildings looks some kind of hope, wish, or happiness on that day.