Q)

Should schools (university and college and high school) teach student about specific careers and a job instead of general knowledge and subjects? Would you agree and disagree?

A)

There are some arguments that whether schools should teach students more general knowledge than specific subjects for their future works. Some people might say that teaching practical skills can give a head start to students in their workforce. However, in my humble opinion, teaching general subjects can give more benefits to students for the following reasons.

First, general knowledge is only able to learn in the university. In other words, they cannot learn broad subjects in their workforces. For example, one of my friends, Ji-Yong, told me he has regreted his days of university because his knowledge is very restricted to his major, and it does not help for his promotion that needs more wide perspectives. Likewise, I believe university stand for teaching a wide view for the subject through various subjects of teaching.

Second, he or she would not be able to make general conversation in various groups. That means, he or she would not properly respond to people in the important party and less likely to have social skills due to his or her short knowledge.  For instance, geeks are respected in their fields. However, they do not usually hang out with other colleagues because they only want to talk about their major. Thus, they are excluded in our society, which needs huge social skills. Likewise, the more we are connecting each other, the more we need to know various kinds of subjects.

In summary, I believe, university should teach students not only their major subject but also various knowledge because it is the right time for students and could give more abilities to talk with various topics.

==

Thanks