Dear Marci,

I wrote a report followed by “Unit 2-2: Line Graph” of the text book(advanced writing). I think I had stopped here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is important to understand food supply pattern at the national level when making policies on agriculture and food. Among food, the rice and corn may have the largest proportion of the food production in the Asian country. The graph here shows the monthly rice and corn productions in India in 2008. We can observe some significant findings on the trends of these crops’ productions.

First, the production of each crop demonstrates seasonal effect. At the first glance, they might be seen as just fluctuations, however, corn production shows peaks on May and December and rice production has peaks on January and September. Additionally, we can infer from two peaks in a year that corn and rice are double-cropped a year.

Second, the rise and fall of two crops’ productions are complementary. In other words, corn production was high when rice production was low and vice versa. We can guess that these two crops are cultivated in a same soil. Rice was planted after harvesting corn in a same area. 

To secure the variation of food species is a good way for survival from a poor harvest. The graph here provides wisdom on how we can get sustainable food supply.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Marci,

For your reference, I attached the text book that I used.

It was Unit 2-2 (line graph), page 18.

See you tommorrow~

Hyejae.