* Do you agree or disagree that students learn more in discussion classes?

There is some debates whether discussion classes have more benefits than those of classical. Some people might say that classical classes have been beautifully worked over several decades. Thus, new way of classes is not necessary for students; however, as far as I know, students can learn more from discussion classes because of the following reasons.

First, they can learn other student’s opinions. In other words, if they just learned from a teacher or a self-studying, they might only able to learn certain points of view; however, through discussing each other, they can have wider perspectives from other students’ idea. For example, when I discussed about the economic policies in North Korea with other friends, I have learned that each person has his or her different ideas about one single event. This moment was very impressive to me and taught me various view-points at that time.

Second, I think students can have more active attitude when they have discussion classes. If they learned some objects from a teacher, they could passively listen due to the fact that it is not their business; yet, when they are discussing each other, they might have more active attitude. For instance, when I had discussion classes at the university, I tried to do my best because it can affect not only my grades but also the quality of the classes.

By those two reasons, I believe that students can find more interests from discussion classes.