Should parents let children watch TV programs freely whatever their children want or restrict the program?

I think parents should not let their children to watch all TV programs except allowed to young ages. Let me explain details with two reasons.

Firstly, children can learn harmful words or contents, which can affect to their personality. To be specific, as the old saying indicates that people do just as they watched, they are more likely to do what they have watched. For example, if they show that handsome guy or girl is singing with f words, they are more likely to follow those contents. Simply, I think they are not old enough to know whether the contents are good or bad.

Secondly, if they have exposed to harmful contents in regular basis, they are more likely to have physical illness. In other words, if they have watched that people are fighting or doing some illegal things, it could be planted in their mind. Some scientists say that those harmful contents contribute to increase some kinds of diseases such as ADHD.

By those two reasons, I cannot understand why people are thinking that children would be okay even when they have watched any contents and strongly believe that it has to have powerful restriction to protect our children.