Argumentory essay

- Should girls have military obligations in South Korea? -

In South Korea, every healthy boys aged 20 years or older get a call for military obligation. They have to join the army for 2 years in their twenties. Many boys feel that military service is waste of time for their life. I agree with them. They are so young and have ambition to their dream before they went to the army. When they came back from military service, they lag behind girls by about 2 years. This incurrs many things. Boys graduate university and start their job later than girls. But they don't receive any compensation for their time in the army.

I think this is a disparity against boys in the South Korea. I imagined that I serve 2 years in the army for my nation. Oh, I hate that. Every person in this country hate to go to the army like me. Then, why boys should do?

Thanks for the protection of the army, all the people including girls can enjoy their lives. But, the peace that we enjoy now requires sacrifice from somebody. If the sacrifice is not fully compensated, it is unfair.

I insist that the obligation to defend a nation should be spread to everyone. If there are people who avoid the obligation, they should pay in another way such as tax or donnation. I think this is same to girls. Girls in the South Korea should go to the army for 2 years just like boys. If girls want to avoid the obligation, they should pay for their protection to boys who are serving 2 years in the army.