1-4. Argumentative essay

"Education should be equally devoted to enrich the personal lives of students and to train them to be productive workers."

These day, most of the citizens have opportunities to get education from public school and the time period needed to finish school has been prolonged significantly. Due to the development of industry and resulted social complexity, things needed to be educated before entering workplace have been increased enormously which inevitably elongated education period. But, there still exists disagreement about the purpose of education;  dose education need to focus on enriching personal lives of students or training them to be productive workers, or both? This has never been an easy question, and both arguments have their own points. However, if I have to choose one side, I will definitely on the side supporting personal lives of students rather than training them to be productive workers.

To start with, human beings' one of the most important desire is to realize themselves, in other words, need for self-realization. At first, humans are born helplessly; they cannot do anything without their parent's caring. However, thanks to proper caring and education from parents and teachers, they become more and more independent. As time goes by, they start to think about themselves and their dreams. Education is one of the main forces to guide people to find meanings of their life. In this sense, education's major concerns should be foster student's personal lives not make them good-workers.

When it comes to training students to be productive workers, I would agree with this contention in a condition where the work experience can help develop the student's potential. However, I have to say that many kinds of works these days do not work like this way. In capitalistic society, almost of all works are related with earning profits as much as possible, and workers often have to work without any mental or spiritual satisfaction. I agree that there are many valuable jobs which might enrich people's lives, but it is also true that those kinds of jobs are gradually decreasing. Thus, my point is that training people to be productive workers can be good educational approach only in the circumstances where work experience can foster people's lives, but there are not many work places like that.

To sum up, getting proper education is one of the most important steps in people's lives so that it should be planned to help people to realize themselves. In order to do that, education should concentrate in enrich people's personal lives rather than in making them good-workers. Education administrators should know that if education is firmly grounded in enriching people's personal lives, they automatically make themselves good workers because they know how to develop their potential and contribute to the community they belong to. Thus, the first step of education should never under the purpose of making them obedient workers, but of making them independent creatures.