HI~ This is the first part of my letter I told you.

I'll prepare for your question! ^^ have a nice weekend.

1.   Explain your most important accomplishment and explain why you think it as such. (Less than 400 words)

My most important accomplishment is setting my goal in life by understanding myself and forming my values. I believe that nothing is more important than having a strong sense of purpose for a young man. Without a goal which reflects his character and values well, he is likely to waste his life. However, If he has a determined goal, he can focus on what he has to do in order to accomplish his goal. From now on I will explain the specific process.

When I was in high school, the only subject I liked was mathematics which is the most logical one. Therefore, when I first learned economics, I took a deep interest in it. The logical process of analyzing the behaviors of economic agents and their interactions was so attractive. It became a new perspective of seeing the world for me.

After I became a Christian, I became interested in practical problems of our world such as poverty and hunger. The paradoxical reality, poverty in the midst of plenty, was a shock to me and I wanted to contribute improving this problem.

So, I tried to find the best way for me to help the poor, doing a variety of activities. I joined a club related Social Enterprises, which are social mission driven organizations which apply market-based strategies to achieve a social purpose. In addition, I took part in a short-term abroad volunteer work to have an indirect experience about NGO. Last semester, I wrote a paper under the guidance of the professor tae-hwan Kim with a deep interest in behavioral economics, which emphasizes reality and practicality.

After much thought, I decided to study economic development at graduate school and become an expert in the field of development. This is because studying economics is the best method to use my talent and passion efficiently and economic development is a fundamental solution of poverty and hunger. Above all, the experience from attending KSP seminar had a crucial role in my decision. I will cover more details in question number 2.