Unit 1-1 Turn back time

Q) If you turn back time and experience again an event in your life, what would it be?

Would you go back to change what happend? or

Would you want to re-experience it because it made you happy? or something else?

==============================================================================================

A)

I know that I can't turn back time. I always try not to regret what I did but to concentrate on what I'm doing. However, If I choose one thing and I have a chance to correct it, I want to go back to 3 years ago, when I got married.

My husband and I have been loved each other ever since we met and have no problem to live together now. Just one thing I regret was that we were so busy for our work to prepare our wedding. My husband came back home at 1:00~2:00 am and went to work at 6:00 am everyday and I often had to go a business trip at that time. We didn’t have time to talk about our wedding. Our parents who might help us lived far away from Seoul. Even I couldn’t invite my friends because I think they would come without invitation. Some of my close friends came to my weddign but I was sad because I thought it was not enough. Maybe I was shy to invite acquaintances to my wedding. How foolish I was! I worked hard until the day before my wedding ceremony. Moreover, I went a business trip to Thailand 5 days after my wedding, which means right after the short honeynoon trip. I was so stupid.

Now I think I was wrong to give a top priority to my work. Wedding should have been the most important thing for me at that time. If I turn back time and have a chance to get wedding once more, I would fully concentrate on my wedding and spend lots of my time and money for it. I would buy beautiful jewelry and get expensive skin care! I would invite many friends. When I choose a house where we live in, I would consider more things such as good residence area and the neighborhood.

Now I am happy because I know that I can’t turn back time and I don’t regret anymore. I realized that we are happier now than other couples who had beautiful weddings. But sometimes I think that I will advice my daughter in the future, if I have, to spend much effort for your wedding.