Q. If you could go on any type of adventure, what would it be? How far could you go?

Everyone in the world, without a doubt, dreams of going on an adventure. These days, people are tied up with their busy schedules and do not have enough time to take a mental break. If I have a chance to take a trip away from my place, I want to go to India.

First of all, distinct characteristics within a society are often found in a given country. Modern city like New Delhi is recognized as the best of its kinds of high quality of information technology and outstanding individuals. I want to investigate on their education system and human recourses method. On the flip side, India contains the adverse effect caused by the gap between the rich and the poor. The poor are bending their backwards to keep up their lives. However, it is unconventional that they always give thanks to god for what they have, no matter how miserable their lives are.

Second, it seems irrational to maintain the hierarchy of classes divided into five. Those who are born in upper class are more likely to neglect the relatively lesser class. This social system has potential risk to create a sense of compatibility as the opportunities that might happen in various aspects are selectively given according to the classes. Some say that this is, to some extent, similar to our social trend to treat people based on how powerful they are. However, this is totally different concept. The powerful tools such as money and authority are largely made by people’s efforts so it provides reasonable grounds for them to be compensated by whatever form of materials like money and reputation. But, the classes in India which classify nations are defined since they are born like nationality. Interest thing is that this unfair system lasts so long even in this democratic world. If I go there, I want to look deep inside the system.

Adventure does not mean exploring jungles and rafting on the river to me. Rather, it can be applied to any concept that can help us find meaning of life. One of my friends who already went there told me that I might find another identity after visiting India. Therefore if I could go on any type of trip with the burdens lifted from my shoulders, my first choice might be India.