http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSR-6Ed81t4

<Bridge of life made by Samsung Life Insurance>

This is public advertisement of insurance company. Unlike other insurance company which stick to informative advertising strategy by showing their own insurance benefit, this advertisement emphasized human being itself. That point really made me touched so deeply. It starts with the survey on how to diminish the rate of suicide on bridge ‘Mapo’ in Seoul. Almost all people suggest ways to prevent people from the suicide physically such as equipping higher balustrade, but rather Samsung insurance company strived to solve this problem in a different approach. They actually wanted to make people who decided to die change their mind and go back to their home. First idea comes up with the notion that light makes people think positively and happy so they equipped light sensor which makes light as passengers pass the bridge. Second, they put encouraging comments on the handles on railing.

Personally, while I was watching this video clip for the first time, I was about to cry. It was so touching and I was given strong impression about their intention which is careful to human beings. It was, to some extent, clever marketing strategy, though.